Laughter is the shock absorber that eases the blows of life.

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Books

I love to read.  Maybe too much.  I think I'm making up for all the years I couldn't seem to get through anything more than a magazine article.  That would be from the time Patrick was born in 1988, William in 1992, and up until probably about six years ago, which means approximately 16 years of reading magazines.

I just finished Kitchen Chinese, by Ann Mah.  A story of a Chinese-American girl living in NYC who loses her job and decides to move to Bejing.  A good book if you like true Chinese food and a little adventure.  It even has some of the recipes mentioned in the story at the end of the book!

One of my favorite books is Tales of a Female Nomad, by Rita Golden Gelman.  When I bought this book, I actually thought I was buying a novel; it turned out to be non-fiction.  I absolutely loved this book.  Probably, because the author traveled alone to foreign countries and entrenched herself in the community and culture, something I would never do! 

So on to my next book, Oxygen, by Carol Cassella.  More Later...

No comments:

Post a Comment