Laughter is the shock absorber that eases the blows of life.

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentines Day!


I reverted back in time to when the kids were small and baked valentine shaped sugar cookies. They were just as good as I remembered them. Larry took some to the families he home teaches and it still left approximately 4 dozen for our consumption. As of tonight, we still have 2 dozen left. Happy eating! Here's the recipe:

1 1/2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
1 cup butter (softened)
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp almond flavoring
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp soda
1 tsp cream of tartar

Mix sugar and butter. Add egg and flavorings; mix thoroughly. Stir dry ingredients together and blend in. Refrigerate 2 to 3 hrs.

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Divide dough in half and roll 3/16" thick on lightly floured board. Cut with cooky cutter. Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake 6-7 minutes, or until delicately golden.
Makes apx. 2 1/2 doz.

3 comments:

  1. I cant' wait to try this recipe! Isabelle is always begging to make cookies when she comes to my house and I promised her that we would make some today. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look beautiful and sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete