Laughter is the shock absorber that eases the blows of life.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

List or No List


I decided I better write something on my blog so everyone didn't think that I'm still recovering from "extreme tiredness!"  So, what to say...I could make a list of everything I need to accomplish in October, following in the footsteps of Larry and Doreen. However, I believe mine would be considerably shorter.

My life used to be overwhelmingly busy, what with working full time and having two active young sons.  And then one year we moved to Zephyr Cove, Nevada. Our first house sat up on a hill with a magnificent view of Lake Tahoe from the living room and deck. The second house we lived in backed up to the forest. Life slowed down. We'd take the boat out on the lake in the evenings to watch the sunset. I spent time sitting on the neighbor's front deck talking and relishing the smell of pine trees and fresh air. We enjoyed lots of wildlife, hiking, skiing, snowshoeing and boating. A very relaxed lifestyle. And I really enjoyed it. And that's what I still strive for. So, no written lists for now. Oh, I make one occasionally when numerous things build up and need to get accomplished. But not very often. And not now. I'd rather take a ride through the neighborhood on my bicycle!

3 comments:

  1. I just added "Slow down!" to my list! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously I use lists at this point in my life- but only because I honestly, truly cannot keep track of the 4 kids and Ernie and all their appointments, including my own, without a list or a planner. But someday... someday I'll live a slower life and I don't think that I'll be obsessively list making.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would agree with Rebecca and Larry; as soon as I finish this degree, which is the most time-consuming activity right now, I plan to spend a lot of weekends just relaxing!

    ReplyDelete