Laughter is the shock absorber that eases the blows of life.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Time Travel


We traveled back in time this past weekend.  We attended a Civil War Reenactment at Kearney Park.  We even saw and heard from Abraham Lincoln! And visited the Union camp and the Confederate Camp. And strolled through the mercantile, the broom shop, the quilt shop, the caning shop, the blacksmith, among others. But the main event was the battle reenactment.  We all surrounded the battlefield and watched the action unfold. Hundreds of soldiers, horses, gunfire, cannons, the dead, the wounded, then later the doctors, the priest, the nuns dealing with the dead and wounded. Quite the spectacle. And very deafening. But an interesting glimpse of times past.

2 comments:

  1. Wow- I'll bet that was loud. But it sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I have never been to a war reenactment; they have them very close to here, but just have never gone. I guess we ought to plan to go sometime.

    ReplyDelete