Laughter is the shock absorber that eases the blows of life.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day and Pizza

I learned a valuable lesson today. Do NOT plan on pizza for dinner on Valentine's Day. After numerous calls to Me 'n Ed's Pizza only to get a busy signal each time, I decided to drive the five blocks and place my order in person so I could inform them their phone was off the hook. As I'm walking out the door, Sean so kindly tells me to look into the store before I enter because having the phone off the hook is a tactic used by burglars when holding up a store. I assured him I would and we agreed we've been watching too many "Criminal Minds" episodes! 

Come to find out, Valentine's Day is one of the busiest days of the year for pizza. Who would have guessed? Not me. I knew I was in for a wait when I saw the delivery kid balancing ten pizzas in his arms on the way to his car. I entered, without looking through the window, and stepped into a mad house. My guess is every Me 'n Ed's Pizza employee was working tonight.  Needless to say, I placed my order and went back home to wait my turn. I returned 45 minutes later and retrieved our dinner. Tonight it was worth the wait....

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY

2 comments:

  1. Well, I might have guessed that because pizza for Valentine's Day is actually one of our favorite things to do!

    ReplyDelete