Laughter is the shock absorber that eases the blows of life.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Baking for the Halibut

I am happily blogging away in a clean kitchen waiting for dinner to finish cooking in the oven. Why?  Because I have prepared my favorite baked halibut.  How? Because it is oh so easy to prepare. For all you fish loving people I am including the recipe.

3 lbs. halibut
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 tsp. dried dill weed
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
Paprika

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place halibut in 9"x13" baking dish. Combine sour cream, Parmesan cheese, butter, dill, salt and pepper; spoon over halibut. Cover and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with paprika. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Do Not Overbake.

(The title is a goofy family joke which you may or may not get!)

2 comments:

  1. Melba prepared this scrumptious dish last week and although it was tasty, somehow it fell short of what it tasted like when you cooked it. Maybe the quality of halibut was inferior or perhaps halving the recipe affected the synergy of the ingredients. Anyway, we'll try it again and see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds great! Ernie and I are both on Weight Watchers, and that looks like it would be delicious, and pretty low in points too. Well- if I subsituted low fat sour cream. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete