Laughter is the shock absorber that eases the blows of life.

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Fresno-- Here We Come


At times, I find it hard to believe we are moving to Fresno.  And I had more than a little anxiety when I flew down a week ago to find us a place to live.  But I have to say, Fresno felt very comfortable and I felt quite at home while driving around, especially after I secured a house.

Fresno has a population of nearly 500,000 and they actually have very decent shopping.   A very large Macy's and at least one smaller Macy's (still larger than the Olympia one), Crate and Barrel, Pottery Barn, Anthropologie, REI, Home Goods,  Whole Foods, to name a few.  Still no Nordstrom;  however, it does have a Nordstrom Rack.

Fresno is also one hour away from Kings Canyon National Park and Shaver Lake, approximately 2 hours to Yosemite, and 2 1/2 hours to Cayucos.   We're looking forward to revisiting all these fun places.

Now all we have to do is pack the cars and go!

2 comments:

  1. Love Kings Canyon, Shaver Lake, and Cayucos--glad you'll be so close--that way you can plan the next family reunion!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited that you guys are going to be out there when we are supposed to take our big road trip next summer!

    ReplyDelete