Laughter is the shock absorber that eases the blows of life.

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Houses, Houses, Houses

We put an offer on this house.
My life is presently consumed with house hunting. The last time we bought a house we had two houses to choose from. It was very much a sellers' market and the inventory was very low (and very expensive). Now, the opposite is true. Not only are houses fairly inexpensive here compared to the Bay area, but there is a ton of inventory. We have put an offer on one house, but it is a short sale and is not moving forward much at all yet.  So, I continue to look at other houses, many of which look good in the pictures and turn out to be hideous and others are just plain amusing.  Where do people get their decorating schemes?  Yesterday, I looked at a house that displayed four humongous deer and buffalo heads on the walls of the family room. I felt like I was in a natural history museum!  Other houses have every inch of wall covered in hideous wallpaper. And I have seen some of the worst faux texturing/painting jobs ever. Samples of houses below.  The hunt continues.

Reeked of smoke

Shoddy investor restoration.
Possibility, but highly wallpapered.
Possibility, but pool needs resurfacing.
Great exterior...very weird interior.




2 comments:

  1. I like the weird interior house (great exterior) and the one that is highly wallpapered. I can't wait to see you guys in the summer and see where you end up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with Ernie's choices. BTW, the print on your blog is kind of hard to read--it blends into the background and my tired eyes have to work too hard.

    ReplyDelete