I don't really know why, but I haven't been motivated at all to write here. However, it does serve as a fairly good journal so I thought I'd try to backtrack and see if I couldn't come up with some of the goings on in the Lewis family over the past couple of weeks.
First, after two more trips to Dublin for me and three for William, we finally have all our belongings here in Fresno sitting in our garage. There is definitely more stuff outside the house than inside!
Second, we made a fast trip to Las Vegas so we could see the Donny and Marie Show at the Flamingo. We left Saturday morning and arrived in the early afternoon. We had time to check into the hotel, (and what a hotel...it has got to be the most luxurious we have ever stayed in and we've stayed in some pretty nice ones...thank you priceline), get something to eat, and head over to the Flamingo. Patrick was in Vegas for his army reserve weekend so he went with us. We all had a great time. We didn't really know what to expect, but Donny and Marie are excellent entertainers. Lots of singing, lots of dancers, and a lot of interaction with the audience. A good time was had by all.
Third, William attended homecoming at Dublin High School with Kristen and came home bemoaning that we left the bay area, and worse that we now reside in Fresno. Oh well. Not much can be said except, "life changes."
Fourth, we have started looking at houses on the market. We'll see what we end up with. I have decided I'm a sucker for fixer-uppers. Not structurally,but cosmetically. It provides me with a creative outlet.
Fifth, I thought we would have tons of trick-or-treaters because there is an elementary school on just about every corner here. I was prepared with a large amount of candy. To our surprise we ended up with a stash of candy ourselves. So, we each kept a few pieces to satisfy our chocolate cravings and the rest went in the garbage. I exhibit zero self-control when it comes to chocolate so throwing it out is always my solution!
Sixth, Sean and William joined a gym and have been going faithfully for a week now. That really helped when it came to throwing out the candy.
And now, I guess it's on to November.
Thursday, November 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment